Thanks to all the amazing volunteers who helped move The Scrap Exchange out of our old retail store at 548 Foster St. this past week. We could not have done this without you.
This is a huge time of transition for The Scrap Exchange and we’re going to need to lean on our wonderful community to continue to keep the doors open. Here’s what you can do as we move forward:
• Donate Money to our Capital Campaign so we can secure a permanent location
• Shop in the store at 539 Foster Street! M-F 11-5, Th 11-6, Sat 10-5 & Sun 12-5
• Be ready to volunteer to move the rest of our inventory out of the old building
• Help us raise money by hosting a fundraising dinner or party in our honor!
• Be patient with us as we work out the details of our new space and plans
• Spread news about our situation on Facebook, blogs, and Twitter
• Hire us to come to your school, festival, carnival or business event
• Donate some really fancy materials to the store for re-sale
• Sponsor our upcoming fundraiser party, Scrap a Go-Go!
• Come party with us on 3rd Friday (May 20!) from 6-9 pm
• Come to our 20th anniversary party on June 17th
• Talk to your friends and get them involved!
• Donate staples and rolls of masking tape
• Submit art to our 20/20 art show in June
• Plan to have your birthday party here!
• Join our Friends’ Club!
• Shop on our Ebay site
• Plan a fieldtrip here!
The Scrap Exchange is a non-profit creative reuse center celebrating 20 years. It is our mission to promote creativity, environmental awareness and community through reuse.
We intend to continue fulfilling this mission regardless of any obstacles.