Do you home brew your own beer? Our friend and home brew enthusiast Keil Jansen is organizing a home brew festival in October to benefit The Scrap Exchange! He needs local home brewers to make this happen, so check out his invitation below to show off your best brew at BrewDurham, happening right here at The Scrap Exchange on October 15!
I and some other good people are organizing a homebrew festival this Fall in Durham—Brew
Durham: A Homegrown Homebrew Benefit for The Scrap Exchange. It’ll be like the big Beer Fest at the ballpark but smaller, local, and homemade. And all the proceeds will go to one of Durham’s finest non-profit organizations, The Scrap Exchange.
We’re recruiting awesome homebrewers, hopefully about 15, to participate in BrewDurham
and would love to have you participate. It’ll be a great chance to show off your beer, meet other brewers and beer fans, and use your talents for good.
Here’s the details:
When: Saturday, October 15. Two sessions, 1-4pm and 5-8pm.
Where: The Scrap Exchange in downtown Durham next to Golden Belt. 923 Franklin Street.
What you have to do: Bring two or three of your best homebrews, totaling 10-15 gallons of beer. Stay for both sessions, pouring your beers to attendees, and generally have fun.
What you get:
● Some compensation: Nate with the Bull City Homebrew store is offering a 35%
discount to anyone who is brewing for BrewDurham to help you with supplies. AND, The
Scrap Exchange will provide you with a stipend, up to $50, to help with supplies.
● Prizes: for those of you with the best beer and who convince the judges you’re the best
● Food & Jams: we’ll have some of the Triangle’s best food trucks and local musicians
● Glory: You get to talk about your homebrew and drink other peoples’ homebrew for six
hours and participate in the inaugural BrewDurham!
● Tickets: Brewers can earn tickets to the event for fellow beer fans based on home
much beer they bring.
If you’re interested, please let us know by emailing email@example.com And if you’ve got
some other homebrewers in mind, spread the word.