Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks

The day of the great feast is nearly upon us. I look forward to stuffing myself with turkey, potatoes and pumpkin pie. It is also, of course, a day of giving thanks. I am thankful for my boyfriend, my family, my friends. I am also thankful to our customers and donors who inspire me every day. I love that Durham is filled with people like me who say “Don’t throw that out! I could make something with that!”

I was raised by two parents who grew up poor and because of them I’ve been creatively reusing things all my life. It wasn’t until I was in my twenties that I knew there was an actual name for it. For me it was just the way things were done. I hope that’s the way it will be for future generations, too. Judging by the number of Scrap aficionados under the age of ten, I’d say we’re off to a good start.

And by the way, additional thanks go to the Body Shop for giving us some really cool boxes, bowls and bottles.

No comments: